Thursday, April 23, 2009

more thinking

I've been thinking more about my project and I'd really like to explore using digital cameras, recording people and cutting the segments to "alter" my message. I think that doing the color scheme, it would be interesting to find out in a particular color area how other people respond to it and then cut and paste the commentary to create an effect by me (author). I want to humanize the peice while allowing for interpretation. I was thinking about the idea of interviewing various people about what they think of when they think of "purple" or what they imagine (I'll have to think more about what the question should be) and then having these varied and interesting responses to a simple word. It would be intriguing to take a sort of talley, and depending on my results portray a message to the audience. I'd like to work with different types of cameras and recording; I can't wait to work with imovie in class. I don't have much experience so I am excited to learn.

1 comment:

  1. I like where you're going with this. I think it will be important to ask sort of prodding questions or to inspire your subjects to speak conceptually. I especially like your tentative production mode of cutting & pasting to create an effect that is independent of of the responses on their own - it's an effective mix of documentary & personal perception.

    One of our classmates commented on my blog saying she'd like to be in this group also....so I hope we can get at least one more person to meet Prof. DeWitt's minimum number.

    ReplyDelete